Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2020

The old house on the hill

Hay everyone for writing  I have been writing a story called the old house on the hill. And in that story I had to include adjectives, similes and verbs. My goal was use a range of written features to engage the audience. Thanks bye.   

 The old house on the hill sat underneath the bright moon. The man inside passed the halls waiting for his companion to come. The big black shadow appeared perching himself on a branch. His beady yellow eyes darted at the window where the old man was standing. The bird knew he would be in trouble. Soon their eyes were locked on each other and it turned into a staring contest. The man won. The bird then gathered himself together and sliced through the wind and flopped into the window. He landed on the man. The man raged at the bird telling him that he was an hour late and that he had spent an hour by himself worrying. Words could not say how angry he was. But soon after, they got over it and ate tea. The man and the bird ate in silence. Neither the man or the bird dared to look up. They nearly had their head on their plates. The wind cracked and the wolves howled. Then the man broke the silence and asked why he was an hour late. The bird sat ignoring him for a while. Until the man got frustrated and slammed down his fist. However, slamming down his fist did not get the bird to speak. The man then calmed himself down and asked again. But he would not answer. As the man was going about to ask again the bird blabbered out ‘I was at the forbidden place’. The man's eyes twitched as he asked why?. Then the bird said…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post